Tabs

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

knitting for baby: a hat and socks for baby owie.


My sister is pregnant!

With baby number 2.  Isn't that a cute picture?  I stole it from her Facebook.

Oops.

Hopefully, she doesn't mind.

Since I love any opportunity to make baby things, especially tiny little knitted things (they're so fast)...


I've been knitting up a storm.  Part of it is because when she had her first, Ben and I were living in Korea and crafting supplies were short at hand, but this time around I have the time and the resources to actually make things.  So, I'm going kind of crazy.

I finished the little ankle socks yesterday in my History class.  I try to sit in the back when I knit in order to draw less attention to myself, but the professor was a little weird about it this time.  Hopefully he didn't mind too much.  I just couldn't put them down!

Sweet, bitsy-weensy socks:

yarn: cotton-ease
needles: size 7 dpns
pattern: my own

I had originally wanted to make them longer, but I ran out of yarn.

And the little bear hat:

yarn: cotton-ease
needles: size 7, 16" (body), size 7 dpns (top)
pattern: berry baby hat, by Michele Sabatier 

I just love little ear hats.  I'm not sure they're "in" right now, but I happen to think they're precious.

Oh, and back to the baby... they're going to name him Howie!  So cute, huh?  The only problem is that Rocco, their oldest, can't say, "Howie," so his name has temporarily been shortened to, "Owie."  Which, in some ways, is even cuter.

And, because I'm a sucker for a good kid-picture, here's Rocco, almost three.


One of my favorite kids in the whole world.  I mean, that smile just never gets old.

Another reason I'm so excited and knitting furiously:  They're finally coming home next Monday!  My sister's husband has been working and going to school in Australia since December 2011 (it feels like so much longer than that), so they've all been gone for-EVER and we can hardly waaait to see them!

So,that's a little of our week.  Hope yours is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment